HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is the primary language for building websites. To begin learning HTML, it is essential to understand the basic syntax and important tags. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to use HTML syntax and explain fundamental tags for website construction.
1. Basic Syntax of HTML
- HTML file declaration and structure: First, we will cover how to declare and structure an HTML file correctly.
- Using opening and closing tags: HTML uses the syntax of opening and closing tags to define the content of a webpage. We will learn how to use opening and closing tags to wrap around content.
- Attaching attributes to tags: Attributes provide additional information about HTML tags. We will learn how to attach attributes to tags and use attribute values.
2. Headings and Paragraphs
- Using heading tags (h1-h6): Heading tags are used to define the headings of a webpage. We will explore how to use heading tags with different hierarchical levels.
- Using the paragraph tag (p): The paragraph tag is used to display textual content on a webpage. We will learn how to use the paragraph tag and create paragraphs on your webpage.
3. Creating Lists
- Creating unordered lists (ul): We will learn how to use the ul tag to create unordered lists with bullet-pointed items.
- Creating ordered lists (ol): We will learn how to use the ol tag to create ordered lists with numbered items.
- Creating definition lists (dl): We will learn how to use the dl tag to create definition lists with term and definition pairs.
4. Creating Links
- Using anchor tags (a): We will learn how to use the anchor tag to create links to other webpages.
- Setting link text and target attribute: We will explore how to set link text and use the target attribute to open links in a new window or the same window.
5. Inserting Images
- Using the image tag (img): We will learn how to use the img tag to insert images into a webpage.
- Setting image source and alt text: We will learn how to set the image source and use the alt text to provide information about the image.
With the knowledge of basic syntax and these fundamental tags, you can start building simple yet quality websites. Practice and explore more HTML capabilities to create amazing webpages.